9. Finance Manager
Reference No. KMTC/QP- 23/ EAF/SS 13/ 2017
An officer at this level will head the Finance Division and will be responsible to the Deputy Director (Finance & Administration) for financial control and accounting matters.
- Planning, co-ordinating, design, implementation and control of financial systems in the college;
- Prioritization of activities, projects and programmes within the college for the purpose of financial allocation in the budget;
- Ensure safe custody of all service performance bonds;
- Developing improved budgetary practices and systems within the college through proper and full costing of all projects and programmes;
- Reviewing financial and physical implementation of major projects and programmes;
- Initiating corrective action on policy changes with regard to user charges for the services rendered.
- Overall budgetary controls with regard to revenue collection and expenditure;
- Designing and developing accounting standards; providing advice on appropriate financial reporting formats;
- Developing guidelines for accounting staff, ensuring proper banking arrangements are in place;
- Establishing positive career structures and policies for accounting / finance staff.
- Served in the grade of Deputy Finance Manager or in an equivalent and comparable position in a recognized institution for a minimum period of ten (10) years with at least five years’ experience in a management capacity;
- A Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) from a recognized institution and Certified Public Accountant Examination (final) or its recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A Masters Degree in Business Administration (Finance / Accounts option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB);
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Programme from a recognized institution;
- Be Proficient in Computer Applications
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.