Apply for Chief Technology Information Officer Job at Ericsson Kenya
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software, and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with the applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Chief Technology Information Officer
We are looking for a Chief Technology Information Officer (CTIO) to one of our large Key Accounts in Africa.
In the role as CTIO you will drive the technical dialog with our customer’s CTO organization and support the account team setting the overall business plan and fulfilling the business targets.
As CTIO you contribute with expertise on Ericsson’s portfolio and provide in-depth knowledge of technology trends and has a good understanding of the overall market situation. You are expected to have a clear understanding of the customer’s challenges and needs, and while the main focus will be on Ericsson’s Networks Portfolio, you will act as interface for the entire Ericsson portfolio.
You will work as an integrated part of the account team, developing the business and capture new sales opportunities by securing that Ericsson provides the best value propositions, and position Ericsson as the technology leader and trusted advisor.
The CTIO is together with the rest of the Network Solutions team responsible for the customer solutions from pre-sales, during delivery and while in operation. Focus is on securing best network performance, best end user experience and optimized operation by evolving the network to cater for traffic growth, adapt to new requirements and by introducing new products and technical solutions.
As CTIO you will report to the CU Head of Network Solutions for South & East Africa and be a part of Market Area Middle East & Africa’s Networks organization.
- Technical interface to our customer’s CTO organization
- Owner of the Network Solutions from pre-sales, during delivery and while in operation.
- Driver of the strategic customer engagements in line with Ericsson’s and our customer’s own visions, strategies & requirements.
- Assure customer awareness and understanding of new technology trends, technical solutions and Ericsson’s offerings
- Definition and continued updates of Technology Evolution plans
- Timely response to customer requests
- Identification of solution requirements
- Strong knowledge of Radio Access and Transport Networks
- Understanding of the Ericsson portfolio is an advantage but not a prerequisite
- Ability to act as advisor based on customer and market insights, global and regional trends and technology evolution
- Experience from network planning and/or network rollout
- Structured problem solving & strategic thinking
- Consultative selling skills combined with very good presentation & communication skills
- Business acumen is a must
- Skilled relationship builder
- Highly developed leadership skills with an ability to energize and engage, as well as an interest to develop further
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- 5-10 years of experience from the ICT industry with at least 5 years of Experience from pre-sales or sales
- 5 years of experience with network planning, network rollout or network operations (preferably from several of the areas)
- Strong personal track record
- Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Master of Business Administration or similar
Interested and qualified? Go to Ericsson career website on jobs.ericsson.com to apply