Business Analyst Job at Equity Bank
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading Banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and Congo, Equity Bank is now home to more than 11 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently, the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role of Business Analyst within the SME Banking unit.
Reporting to the General Manager SME Banking, the successful candidate will be expected to manage information and guide report requests to ensure that value is obtained. He/she will also be tasked with understanding the information required by the Senior Management & key stakeholders in order to manage the business efﬁciently and effectively.
Key duties and responsibilities will be as follows:-
- Data Analysis, Interpretation and management:
- Create easy to use focused management information reports, dashboard and scorecards to drive productivity both overall for the SME segment and on a branch and employee basis.
- Help review and provide value-added analysis of information
- Work with Finance to assess the impact of actions upon ﬁnancial performance and to reconcile the ﬁnancial and non-ﬁnancials
- Maintain a series of dashboards to inform decisions, process reviews and provide budgetary input
- Risk Reports
- Organize data gathering to ensure all monthly, quarterly and annual risk reports are collated and analysed prior to submission
- Ensure that data is signed off by relevant accountable persons and queried in accordance with SLAs in place.
- Projects Support & Management
- Assist in the development and follow through of project implementation plan
- Liaise with service providers (Internal and External) to ensure prompt delivery of key performance indicators
- Monitor performance of implementation progress against plan on an ongoing basis to identify problems and trends
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or Computer Science or Mathematics.
- At least 6 years’ work experience in an analysis role
- Ability to process and analyse large volumes of complex data, using various standard and specialized software tools such MS Visio.
- Exceptional MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS PowerPoint and MS Word skills are mandatory to analyse, summarize, and present data in an efﬁcient and meaningful way.
- Good understanding of Database concepts.
- Teamwork – Commitment and ability to work with and in cross-functional and virtual teams with the Business Units, coupled with ability for straight talking
- Effectively and concisely communicate key issues and ideas through correspondences and verbally without supervision.
- Interface with various departments effectively to ensure timely delivery of MI in agreement with SLAs in place
- Generate new efﬁcient processes and create appealing and cutting-edge analysis
- Ability to juggle priorities, multi-task and execute at speed individually and as part of a team
- Must be able to recognize, anticipate, and create solutions to issues and problems in a timely manner
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply