Airtel Kenya is an Operating Company of Bharti Airtel which is the 3rd largest telecommunication company in the world by subscriber base. Present in over 10 African countries and hosts one network that connects all the countries Our mission is to provide globally admired technologies and services to give Africa an easy and dependable way to connect to the world. We bring everything internet to everyone. Our values are Alive, Inclusive and Respectful (AIR).
Key Account Manager, Public Sector
Airtel Kenya wishes to recruit for the position of Key Account Manager – Public Sector, within the Enterprise Division. Reporting to the Head of Public Sector Sales, the incumbent’s role will include;
- Sales: Meet and exceed given sales quota within an assigned portfolio of government and public sector accounts
- Business Development: Develop key relationships at both national and county governments to drive solutions that are innovative and provide value relative to the customer’s respective business needs
- Portfolio management: Responsible for overall account strategy & management to improve quality of relationships, product penetration, revenue share, supplier status and ranking
- Advocate: Serve as customer advocate, accountable for escalation and proper customer positioning on all issues pertaining to customer satisfaction
- Documentation: Ensure that all account plans, organizational charts, account information and related documentation are current and on file record
- Contract life cycle management: Provide overall management of new, existing portfolio and information relative to the customers including legal, product pricing, commercial management relative to contract agreements, price books, pricing tools, one-off deal specific bids, etc.
- Reporting: Ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting in sales pipeline management, all regular and ad hoc sales reports as and when required
- Undergraduate Degree in business related field or economics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in consultative selling, handling high value opportunities
- Working experience in Telecoms, ICT, ISP, Banking or related industry
- Good experience in managing complex solutions and government procurement
- Good knowledge on work processes in both National and County Government
Competencies and behavior
- Proactive, self-driven, energetic, resourceful and creative with experience of dealing with public sector
- Good presentation skills, able to project a strong, positive image of self and the Company
- Build good customer relationships at all levels to maximize Airtel Business’ ability
- Able to deliver professional sales presentation, proposals and reports. High Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be a strong team player with a commitment to value-based leadership.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply for the role by sending an application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 5th January 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted