Job Group ‘L’
Network Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Planning, administering and supervising all computer network functions for the County Government.
Supervision of Network Technicians in the county.
- Evaluating and maintaining network performance issues by performing network monitoring and analysis, performance tuning and troubleshooting network issues, availability, utilization, throughput and latency;
- Secure county computer networks by developing, deploying and maintaining firewalls, cryptography systems, and all network host security activities. The Network Administrator shall also be responsible for developing proper network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- Responsible for wireless connectivity for the County Government. Ensure wireless connections are secure and safe and meets all requirements for 128 bit encryption.
- Upgrade computer networks by developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Undertake network management including development and implementation of network configuration standards, connectivity solutions, overall network operation systems, network software, server hardware configurations, network file systems, directory structure and LAN/WAN system integrity and security.
- Maintenance and control of the county’s IP based telephone system. This includes all facets of software, hardware, support, and changes related to the system. The support includes database management support, IP connections, messaging and voice recording systems, for complex IP based telephone system in the County.
- Responsible for network management including development and implementation of wiring configuration standards connectivity solutions, overall network operation systems, network software, server hardware configurations, network file systems, directory structure and LAN/WAN system integrity and security.
- Responsible for all LAN and WAN hardware, software and data integrity, security, all backup and recovery for all Netware, Unix, Windows server and Linux Platforms.
- Responsible for network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation on all the County’s network layouts and operational considerations.
- Work with management to determine resource requirements and budgets needed to keep the network in a production status. Evaluate end user needs and recommend appropriate equipment and software configurations.
- Undertake user training programme.
- Prepare comprehensive reports as and when required
Requirements for the Network Administrator Job
- Must have KCSE C+ and above or its equivalent qualification.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical electronics with a bias in Telecommunication & Networking, Computer Science or an IT related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Certification in CCNA, CCNP, and CISM is a must.
- 3 year’s work experience from relevant technical field.
How to Apply
For detailed job description and job specification visit our website; www.meru.go.ke
NB: Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply and should clearly indicate the type of disability.
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Meru County Public Service Board Offices situated at the Ntara place building on the fourth floor.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left hand-side the POST you are applying for and
Meru County Public Service Board
P.O. BOX 120-60200,
Important information to all Applicants:
The applications should reach the Secretary on or before 15th June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants for Job Group ‘H’ and below should have a certificate of good conduct.
- Applicants for Job Group ‘J’ and above should seek clearance from
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Commission for Higher Education; for those with certificates from Private and foreign universities.