The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include:
Our various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations, we are looking for smart, creative and ambitious individuals to join the team.
Business Anchor/Reporter (1 position) Reporting to Managing Editor – T.V.
Overall Purpose Of The Job
The incumbent will be responsible for relaying the news gathered and produced by the entire newsroom to the public.
Business Anchor/Reporter Job Responsibilities
- Presenting allocated TV bulletins, live events and breaking news
- Ensuring appearance is as per house rules
- Conducting interviews
- Producing elements of the bulletin, book guests, prepping them and doing research for the interview
- Packaging and delivering stories for the bulletin
- Flair for sports and sports news for Sports Anchor/Reporter
- Flair for business and business news for Business Anchor/Reporter
Qualification for the Business Anchor/Reporter Job
- University degree in Mass Communication or a relevant field from a recognized institution Experience
- 2 years relevant experience
Skills And Other Attributes
- Judgement or discretion required.
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Knowledge of routine(s).
- Fluent in both English & Swahili
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and have the drive to meet the challenges, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than 23rd April, 2018. Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.